Wednesday, December 18, 2013

The Tiniest Joke. The Biggest Laugh of Today.

I laughed and then laughed all over again when I attempted to explain just what was so funny about this little gem. For those who have an understanding of science basics you know what I am talking about. Hopefully, you find it as funny as I do. For the science humor newbies, o gosh, I am going to give it my all of a quick yet not completely brain-numbing explanation.

In the picture are two atoms. If you know a little something about atoms then you know when an atom has equal number of electrons and protons it holds a charge of zero. So if the atom, in this scenario, loses an electron it will become 'positive.' Get it? Are you positive?

1 comment:

  1. Though perhaps not quite the tiniest "object"

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMLPJqeW78Q

    The first 80 seconds shows how huge some atoms are

    ReplyDelete